By visiting this website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.Personal information we collect about you
When using the term "personal information" in this Privacy Statement, we mean information that relates to you and allows us to identify you, either directly or in combination with other information that we may hold.
We collect several categories of information:Information obtained directly from you.
This is information you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, messages on social media or otherwise. This may include:
Technically gathered information when You use our Services
- Your name and contact details (title, surname, first name, any other name(s), postal address, e-mail address, telephone numbers);
- Information on your purchases from Giraffe Above, and information about your preferences for particular types of events;
- The communications you exchange with us (for example, your emails, letters, calls, or posts and messages on social media).
, such as your Internet Protocol address, and time of Your requests or actions in the website and referring website addresses, hardware type, operating system version, browser type, and language.Information from third parties in relation to our service.How and why we use the personal information that we collect
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To render you our services
- When you request our services, we collect your data in order to provide you with our services. This is a fulfillment of a contract entered between you and Giraffe Above.
- To inform you about our events and offers that you may like
- If you have signed up to our Newsletter or purchased from us previously, we may send you email communications about our events and offers. We may use the information we have about you (including your purchasing history) to build a profile about your preferences, and to send you products and offers tailored to you. You may also see advertising related to our events across the web based on the information we hold about you. This is done to meet our business interests in marketing our events effectively. If you do not want to receive marketing communications (e.g. emails) from us, please contact us.
- To improve our services, fulfill our administrative purposes and protect our business interests
- The business purposes for which we will use your personal information include accounting, billing, security and legal purposes, statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, maintenance and development. This will include the use of your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, for example, our obligation to maintain records for tax and audit purposes.
If you object to the use of your personal information to fulfill any of the purposes set out above, please contact us.How we may share or transfer the data we collect
We may share your personal information with:
- suppliers providing services to us in order to help us run our business and improve our services and your customer experience, such as, for example hotels, venue owners, event service providers;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. Personal data of conference speakers including name, company name, job title and image may be placed on event website and indexed by search engines;
- event sponsors and exhibitors - If you are a delegate we may share your information with event sponsors and exhibitors who may contact you in relation to special offers, products and services related to your role within your company.
- other event attendees through our event apps – To enhance your event experience Giraffe Above uses a mobile apps that you can download onto your smartphone at any of our events. The features include viewing the agenda, sponsors and speakers along with enhanced networking and interactivity at the event. The enhanced networking allows all attendees to see the name, job title and company name of anyone who attends the event. By downloading the app you agree to sharing these basic details and to be contacted by other attendees within the app solely for networking purposes in connection with the event
- government authorities.
This sharing will be for the purposes set out above or to comply with specific legal obligations to which we are subject.Retention period
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) order processing information will be kept by Giraffe Above for 2 years or until tax audit close, whichever is later. In deciding how long to keep personal information after you cease to be active with Giraffe Above, we take into account any ongoing obligations we may have (e.g. to store the information for accounting purposes) or the length of time given to commence or defend any legal claims. We will stop processing your data for direct marketing, including profiling activities, if you object to such processing of your data or if you withdraw your consent to processing.Your rights
You have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccurate personal information we hold about you rectified. You may also have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information, to port your personal information to another controller or to have your personal information erased. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or promotional materials, you may opt-out of receiving these communications at any time. You can do this by following the 'unsubscribe' link placed in the footer of a promotional email received from us. Alternatively, you can email, phone or send by post your details and "unsubscribe" marked at the top of the communication.Security
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Privacy Statement please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will publish any new version of this Privacy Statement on our website.